Mulistar 5200

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Mulistar 5200mah battery in a phantom 1.1.1, if so how much flying time are you getting. Currently my setup is a Phantom 1.1.1, with a dual battery setup kit, i use 2 stock 2200mah batteries, that i got with the drone. I am getting about 15 to 16 min flying time before the drone self lands on low voltage, with each battery. With each battery used alone each time i fly i am getting about 10 min of flying time. I also have a garmin virb elite cam attached to the drone.

Has anyone used the Mulistar 5200mah battery in a phantom 1.1.1, if so how much flying time are you getting. Currently my setup is a Phantom 1.1.1, with a dual battery setup kit, i use 2 stock 2200mah batteries, that i got with the drone. I am getting about 15 to 16 min flying time before the drone self lands on low voltage, with each battery. With each battery used alone each time i fly i am getting about 10 min of flying time. I also have a garmin virb elite cam attached to the drone.

Search for the 5200 using the google link in my signature, or the regular search link here in the forum. I have heard of folks using the battery with mixed results.

Your flight time will vary greatly with weight, temp, altitude and so forth. The major contributing factor to limiting flight times is your second level battery settings in the NAZA assistant. Set them too low and you ruin the battery, set them too high and you're wasting valuable flight time.
11.1 volts is a perfect find, from what I understand, when you test the battery a few minutes after shutting down. I also understand that if you find less than that after the battery has had time to rest, you have damaged the longevity of the battery. Personally, I have pushed the Multistar 4000 to 22 minutes and it's still running strong 3 months later. I'm not as smart as the folks writing articles about batteries, but at $25 bucks a pop, I'll ruin one every now and then to get extreme flight times.

Hey TheDroid, I think you've mentioned what altitude and how your bird is loaded before, but it would be cool if you could include the info again.

Hope I've helped.

Hey thanks i will read up on the 5200 before i buy it and will check out the voltage settings they are a bit confusing because i am still learning the ropes in that program. Have the basics down ok just those settings i need more practice with.

My drone is the 1.1.1 with the dual battery setup the carbon fibre mounts, both batterie are the stock 2200 ones i got with the drone from B&H photo. Also have a garmin elite virb mounted underneath the drone. Also have a headlight attached to the battery door for nite flying.

I just flew it last nite and got her up to around 186 ft. Highest i have had it yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl