MR Droneworx Vision+ & Gopro Hoods + Tablet& Monitor Mounts

Re: Custom vision+ hood and iPad mini & Nexus 7 mount

marzvt said:
I could probably design a lens cover for the hood, I may need to redesign the whole thing. I will put it on my list. iPad air mounts, Galaxy Tab 8, and visors for all the mounts are top of my list thought. I'm also working on a spacer kit to get the whole camera assembly away from the props, and a transmitter stand that won't block the transmitter from fitting in a carrying case.

For the iPad Air mount: if weight/size is a concern, can you look into a design that uses 2 phone holders?
Have an extra holder kicking around.
Thank you

couger: My first test I think the weight might be ok. I wouldn't go any bigger or heavier then that but I think it might work. The one thing is that the mount that came with my Vision+ was not as week as I thought because there was a tiny hex that holds the ball to the arm that wasn't tightened all the way. I bought a second phone mount and its really strong. My printer is back on line and a second one is coming in today so one can be producing while I develop with the second one. I think I can get it sorted out tonight, If need be I may add a second mount that extends down to the opposite side to the transmitter bar. I don't like making things that require people to buy extra parts to get them to work.

marzvt said:
couger: My first test I think the weight might be ok. I wouldn't go any bigger or heavier then that but I think it might work. The one thing is that the mount that came with my Vision+ was not as week as I thought because there was a tiny hex that holds the ball to the arm that wasn't tightened all the way. I bought a second phone mount and its really strong. My printer is back on line and a second one is coming in today so one can be producing while I develop with the second one. I think I can get it sorted out tonight, If need be I may add a second mount that extends down to the opposite side to the transmitter bar. I don't like making things that require people to buy extra parts to get them to work.

Thx for the reply,
Have a mini on mine and it works great, the second one (iPad Air) is for our second Phantom.
Think I would prefer to have 2 smaller mounts for the Air and use 2 phone holders so that screen can be in centre of the TX without having too much weight on one side (hope you understand my thinking)
I might be misunderstanding you all together and we will see when the mount is ready. If you have any questions or concern please fell free to pm me.
Thank you, and Happy Canada day to all Canadians.

marzvt said:
Any suggestions for other tablets I should design these for? I hear samsung a lot but there are so many different versions I don't know what people are using

I know a lot of people are using the original V1 Nexus 7... (like me, for instance...) :D

-slinger

That was actually the first mount I made. I didn't know there was an interest in it. I broke mine with the first version of the mount. I originally didn't have the blocks on the side that lock it in place. My wife said I needed to add them for safety. I was whacking the side of the tablet to prove to her how secure it was and my nexus 7 v1 went flying across the room and shattered the screen. Needless to say I immediately modeled side blocks, and will think twice about questioning her again. So yes. I totally have Nexus 7 V1 Mounts available in black or white.

The iPad air mount is done! Also my iPad mini mounts are back in stock! I am actually really happy with how the air balances out. It's actually really comfortable in the hand. I am posting the mount right now. I think this is going to be my new favorite setup.

Attachments

• Ipadairmount-2.png
    Ipadairmount-2.png
    804.8 KB · Views: 459

marzvt said:
The iPad air mount is done! Also my iPad mini mounts are back in stock! I am actually really happy with how the air balances out. It's actually really comfortable in the hand. I am posting the mount right now. I think this is going to be my new favorite setup.

May I ask, how do you install this on the Air, do you just slide it on from one side? Any scratch protection? How is it secured to the iPad?
Thank you.

Geert: I send everything out the following day in small priority boxes so my shipping is fast. But once the USPS gets their hands on it, I really have no control with what they do. One thing to not is that USPS tracking is more like them acknowledging check points passed so if it is on the way to you in route it will only show the last place it passed.

That would be great. I hate hiccups in shipping

Geert: That's great! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

I just received both the lens hood and the Nexus 7 V2 mount and both fit perfectly. Thanks for the nice clean solution.

denofr: Thanks for the great feedback. It take a lot to design and may this stuff and feedback like that motivates me to keep creating.

Your mount work if I have a iPad mini with otterbox defender cover on it ?

Sorry, all of my mounts are designed to be used without a case so its the most secure fit possible.

I added some rubber banding to provide a harder clamp, and some electrical tape to keep the iPad Mini from sliding. Been very happy with the field use of the mount so far.

clamp.jpg

Do you have a version one iPad mini? I orininally designed that mount on a retina thinking they were the same size. I redesigned it so it is tight on both. Pm you your address and I'll send you a new one for free.

Ericfowkes: My original hood design had a counter weight, that's what the bottom tab was for. I has a piece that went around the back from the bottom so you could still use the factory brace for travel without having to remove it like you do with anything on the top. With extensive testing I found that the counter weight wasn't needed so I saved the weight. I do have a new version that clamps on opposed to sliding on that is lighter that I am about to start selling on ebay. Anyone who has already bought one of my mounts that would like to beta test the new version, pm me and I will send you one for free. For me, having something that can remain on even during travel is crucial, I have left so many things in the field over the years, I don't want to think about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik