Moving to RE700; Binds, but then Nothing ... I'm Grounded.

Reaction score
So I got my RE700 ... went into the app and scanned the QR code from my original box for my Phantom. App populated fields for the SSID and the MAC for the camera just fine, reported back SUCCESS. When I check the "blue arrow" to accept, all looks well, but it appears the RE700 reboots programmatically at that point, and then it never advertises its SSID again. Before the bind, it advertises its "Phantom_XXX" SSID just fine, lets anyone connect, gives out IP addresses, etc - works fine. But once I bind, even though the app reports success, it never advertises again, and, of course, I'm grounded until all that resolves so the app can see what's going on. I can reset the RE700 with a paper-clip and repeat all this over and over. Weird thing now is that my old RE500 won't bind back now to the way it was - which was working great. Same exact scenario with the RE500 now trying to fail-back. Any ideas ???

Re: Moving to RE700; Binds, but then Nothing ... I'm Grounde

I'm assuming you have a p2v?
Make sure camera is plugged in correctly, SIM card in ,
Set to wifi. Make sure re700 FULLY CHARGED,

I did this:
1) turned on tx, extender, then phantom
2) pressed RESET on extender
3) wait for signal phantom-xxxxxx
4) scan QR code
5) wait for ssid, Mac adress
6) click blue check
7) power cycle everything
8) go fly

Please let us know what happens!
J Dot

Thanks for the reply. I'll give this order a try. I tried bouncing everything a couple times, but not sure this order. Even reinstalled the app. Stay tuned. Appreciate the help.

Man, do I feel stupid. I must've tried everything. Went back through step-by-step tonight, and watched the video - which all showed I was doing everything exactly right. Then I noticed the little cable running from the main body of my P2V to the back of the camera was ever-so-slightly unplugged - just barely. I pressed on it a bit and a little "pop" as it seated completely 100%. All problems gone, working properly and bound properly now to my new RE700.

FANTASTIC,
Good show my friend!
Lookout world, the sky is the limit!

Take care, Fly safe!

A+

J Dot

I hate that plug :evil: It causes so many issues sliding out like that and is overlooked very easy !!
I done got to where I check it before I ever even pop a battery in now :roll:
Glad ya got going and just look at all ya learned about Extenders ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers