Moving 360 slowly

Reaction score
Good day,

To film a landscape, sometimes I turn 360 degrees on a dime and I find the Phantom to turn too fast even if I move the radio stick slowly.

How may I program the radio or Phantom to turn slower to the left or right ?

Thanks.

There is a mod using a potentiometer...... not sure how that works and there is some wiring needs doing - do a search for it.

The other option if you're using a Gopro is to record 50p/60p, turn as slowly as you can with your Phantom then half the speed in your editing program

I tried to turn the gain down for the yaw on the assistant app on the computer, but that never seems to work. I wonder why not.

The gain settings and functions are explained here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

You can see a cut/paste excerpt immediately below:

"Usually, the default parameters are ready to go. However, different multi-rotors have different gains because of different size, ESC, motor and propeller. If gain is too large, you will find the multi-rotor oscillating in the corresponding direction (About 5~10Hz). If too small, the multi-rotor will likely to be hard to control.So you can still setup the basic Gain of Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical manuallyaccording to your multi-rotorto have a wonderful fly experience. We suggest you to change 10% to 15% of the parameter at a time.

To the gains of Pitch and Roll, if you release the Pitch or Roll stick after command stick, multi-rotor should be back to hovering state. If the reaction of multi-rotor in this procedure is too soft (large delay), please increase the basic gain slowly (10%-15% each time)until vibration emerges after you release the stick. Then decrease the gain a little until vibration just disappears. Now the gain is perfect, but the reaction of the attitude change is slow. You can follow the way introduced at the end of this section to tune the attitude gains.

The way of tuning the Yaw gain is the same as the way of adjusting the Tail Gyro. If you want fast stick reaction speed, increase the gain, otherwise decrease the gain. However, the spin of multi-rotor is produced by the counter torque force, and the magnitude of which is limited. Therefore, large gain will not produce tail vibration like helicopter, but severe reaction at the start or stop of motors, which will affect the stabilization of the other directions.

You use two methods to judge if the Vertical gain is good enough: 1) The multi-rotor can lock the altitude when the throttle stick is at center position; 2) The change of altitude is small during the flight along a route. You can increase the gain slowly (10% each time) until the vibration emerges along the vertical direction or the reaction of throttle stick is too sensitive, then decrease 20% of the gain. Now it is a suitable Vertical gain.

Attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from command stick, the bigger the value the quicker the reaction. Increase it for sharper and quicker leveling action after command stick released. Unstable shaking flying and the control feeling will be stiffness and rigid if the value is too high; and sluggish leveling action and slow braking if too small."

Yeah, I'm getting ready to do the resistor mod. It's really frustrating when you want to turn slowly and the stick is too sensitive and hard to hold at the same speed for a while without your thumb cramping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4