movie editors best

I use Final Cut X for our hunting and outdoor television show. It can be a little intimidating but I have been editing for 5 years now and I have only used Final Cut with MacPro. I edit thousands of hours of footage and never have had an issue. So much diversity and customization with so many special effects you can create with seamless transitions. I love it and will never use anything else.

Premiere has a better stabiliser than FCPX, and premiere love native H264 mp4. (this is what is on your SD card.)

sergekouper said:
Premiere has a better stabiliser than FCPX, and premiere love native H264 mp4. (this is what is on your SD card.)

Premiere definitely has a better stabilizer.

FCPX can open up h.264 movies as well,
But keep in mind that footage from GoPro's, DSLR's and others are not ideal for editing, and work better when transcoded.

Iam using iMovie , and sometimes Premiere

And using Photoshop now to remove the fisheye view on my mp4's

Gizmo3000 said:
Premiere definitely has a better stabilizer.

FCPX can open up h.264 movies as well,
But keep in mind that footage from GoPro's, DSLR's and others are not ideal for editing, and work better when transcoded.

This^

If you're after an exceptionally good stabiliser, I have been using this for over a year and it is remarkable what it will do:

http://www.motionbend.com/index.html

It is much better than both the FCP X and AE stabilisers I have used in the past if you want rock-steady footage.

well, for amateurs, I use Video Studio from Corel. It works fair in Windows. It is inexpensive and very powerful. The premium edition does include Mercalli stabilizer. As others, you need to go thru the learning curve to fully exploit your editor.

lsteigerwalt said:
OK! - A quick internet search yields:
Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro CC
Premiere Elements 12
Premiere CS5
Premiere CS6
Premiere who knows how many more?
Premiere just pick one?
Yikes! :eek:

TeeJayN said:
OK! - A quick internet search yields:
Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro CC
Premiere Elements 12
Premiere CS5
Premiere CS6
Premiere who knows how many more?
Premiere just pick one?
Yikes! :eek:

CS5 is getting old
CS6 is the last stand-alone software
CC or Creative Cloud is new, but subscription based, so a monthly fee (50 bucks)
Elements is a joke...

I use CS6 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31