Moverio BT-200 !!!

I've been thinking about getting this after seeing Simon Newton's review.

Can you tell us a little more. Are there any issues? What's good, what's not-so-good?

Cheers.

I am also thinking about getting a pair.
Would love to see a proper view of the image and so forth ..
never used fpv goggles before and I am still uncertain of the way it really looks inside the googles ...
thanks

The BT-200 are not yet ready for "FPV Prime Time".

You can't use the popular Vision+ WiFi booster app with them. I've heard the video preview gets shifted to the right and the only way to center it normally is to cancel the telemetry display. Not good.

Plus, these goggles are still being sold as "developer version". Full functionality won't be reached until retail version is released.

So how does it work exactly? Do you plug the Moverio into the phone and mirror the display or do you run the app on the glasses somehow?

I have a full review video that should be up in a couple days with all of the details on using the bt200's with the pv2+, I was going to work on it tonight but got side swiped with getting the 7th channel running.

rbhamilton said:
So how does it work exactly? Do you plug the Moverio into the phone and mirror the display or do you run the app on the glasses somehow?

You download the DJI app onto the device and run it just like on a mobile. Works great other than the image offset problem.

The image offset only happens in 640 mode with the DJI app, and not in 320..
I would like for it to work in 640...

ilovecoffee said:
Someone send me a pair and I'll fix the offset problem ;) :lol:

Seems reasonable! Hahaha

I use mine exclusively for flying. You don't have to take you eyes off the Phantom to see the video you are recording. They come with an Android based controller that looks like it would have a display, but it is only a touchpad. All display is in the glasses. The DJI app works very well, except for the off center issue, which is really not a problem. I set I have has the developer software, but most are now being shipped with the retail release software. You can do a factory data reset and install either version. Also, they can easily be rooted which allows you to install the Play Store. I cannot get the Utility Pro app to install. An email from the developer said it requires Android 4.1. Epson has committed to work with DJI to improve their apps performance.

As for flying with them, you can use the DJI app set to either control the camera tilt using the arrows, or to follow your head movement. The glasses have gps and accelerometers in them. It's almost impossible to get a photo of what you actually see wearing them. Unlike Google Glass, these have two screens. Any photo can only show you just that, two screens. Wearing them, the image converges into one giant screen that you perceive to be floating in the air in front of you. To get a perspective on this, I have a 65" tv hanging on the wall. Sitting on my sofa about 9 feet away from the tv, wearing the glasses, the image exactly fills up the same area as the tv. When outside looking away, the image appears even larger, about like an 80 inch tv. The glasses come with earbuds, so if you want to hear your low battery alarm you can.

Since these are Android, you can install your email, browser, Netflix, etc. With the inevitable software improvements coming these can only get better. I don't regret buying them at all.

Thanks for that description Jetfixer. I've been keen to get a FPV package for some time, but I hear that it's not quite up to scratch. Reading your take, it looks like a very usable version is already available.

Can you tell us a bit about the installation procedures. Do you need to open up the copter, cut and solder wires, that sort of thing? Or is it all plug and play?

I also heard that with the P2V+ you need to also get an extra doodle-whacky to make it all play nice together. Is that the case? What are the things you do need to get the whole FPV up and running exactly? Is the price still doable?

Cheers.

singapore_phantom said:
Thanks for that description Jetfixer. I've been keen to get a FPV package for some time, but I hear that it's not quite up to scratch. Reading your take, it looks like a very usable version is already available.

Can you tell us a bit about the installation procedures. Do you need to open up the copter, cut and solder wires, that sort of thing? Or is it all plug and play?

I also heard that with the P2V+ you need to also get an extra doodle-whacky to make it all play nice together. Is that the case? What are the things you do need to get the whole FPV up and running exactly? Is the price still doable?

Cheers.

There is nothing to do bird side. The BT-200 is just like using a phone/tablet. They run on Android so all you do is load the stock DJI app and run it. What you then see is exactly what you see on a phone/tablet. The only difference being you now see it on a massive projected transparent screen in front of you. They really are a plug and play solution if you aren't looking for immersive FPV.

Cheers Job. Yes, I did get that impression. And whilst it's great being able to see everything clearly without glare, tiny fonts and what-not, it's not quite the effect that I've been looking for, which is, yes, immersive FPV.

Thanks for clearing that up.

As stated above, these will connect as fast as your cell phone. The only drawback right now is that Google does not support them. Seems they are trying to push Google Glass and don't want any competition. You have to sideload the DJI app since you can't get the Play Store. DJI makes the app available directly for download, so you just use the browser built into the Moverio's to navigate to DJI's website. After that, the image you get is exactly the same as on your phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik