Moverio BT-200 video glasses-- prescription frames

Reaction score
Hello.. I bought the moverio BT-200 glasses for use with my vision copters.. Unfortunately, I have to wear glasses to see distance.. I found Epson include a set of frames, along with the 2 sun shades, such that one can get their prescription lenses fabricated to fit the frames.. This is great.. --Saves trying to fit the video glasses over your prescription glasses, or falling back on contacts.. The frames snap on the inside of the video glasses..
But here's the problem...
The local optician found they could not read the interior groove of the frames to have the lenses made to order.. They ended up mailing the frames to their main lab in Vancouver.. These techs tried to make the lenses too, but couldn't either.. I don't know how they measure the frames, but according to my optician, she said it's because of the flexible plastic, that their laser reader can't get an accurate measurement.. Consequently, they informed me that they can't make the lenses for the frames I supplied.. The optician said that they could probably make the frames, if they had the accurate dimensions ?? .. I phoned Moverio support, and they have not heard of this problem, and said they would have to get in touch with Japan, to see if they know anything, or if they have the frame dimensions.. Has anyone here who uses the moverio bt-200 glasses for their copter, had any luck getting lenses to fit the supplied frames? Thanks..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers