Moved Phantom electronics in 666mm quadcopter

Reaction score
So i just finished moving all the phantom electronics except motors and speedcontroller in a 666mm frame. Now it has 390kv motors with 16inch props.
Yesterday i played with the gains for 3 hours and its getting better and better!
If u have questions dont hesitate to ask!

echma said:
So i just finished moving all the phantom electronics except motors and speedcontroller in a 666mm frame. Now it has 390kv motors with 16inch props.
Yesterday i played with the gains for 3 hours and its getting better and better!
If u have questions dont hesitate to ask!

Yes !! please give some details as to what exact motors and ESC's you used as well as the frame set you chose. I love my phantom but I am getting older and don't see the small ship as well as I would like. This mod is very appealing to me. Just how close is it getting to being right ??

Now everything is working with 6s lipo and 5000mha.. I get exactly 30 min flighttime, not hover time!!!

It is unbelievably fast too! Well i moved the naza and the board under the naza into the new frame, so it gets the power from this board. I havent mounted the compass and gps yet but i will mount it on one of the arms on the back.

well i am running 16 inch props which would totaly burn the original motors...

Cool project. Exactly what I was looking for to do with my Phantom. I really love it, but I am fed up with having to land and change battery so often.
30 min is perfect!

So did you get rid of the Q-brain and use the phantom ESC instead?

Need pics and a more detailed build plan i think :)

Interested in what can be developed from this...

no I moved to turnigy multistar 45 amp... i know they are way too big but they can support 6s and i flashed them with simon k firmware :) Unfortunately one of the motors doesnt work anymore (my fault) so I can take pics and stuff in about one week when the next one arrives from hobbyking. I got my 2x10w leds from china they are AMAZING!! but i have to run them with a fan because they will burn themselves without it :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub