MOV or MP4

MOV or MP4

• MOV

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • MP4

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just starting with the 3Pro, and not sure which format to use for video recording. Don't want to get a bunch of video and find I should have been using the other format. Thinking of editing, compatibility issues, etc. Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm always go mov.. I'm a apple guy editing in fcp x and it just works... I never give my raw footage to clients.. always edit and cut away stuff not needed for the client. But Herin2014 has a point.

Doesn't really matter.................... most apps will edit either fine. You can output to MP4, which is what I do.

Reactions: Corvette595
MP4 is supported by more devices and media players, which is handy if you just want to plug your newly shot footage in to any Smart TV for instance, and have it play.

It's slighty annoying that MOV is the default format on the Android app, and that the MP4 setting seems to revert back to MOV on occasion, requiring a re-encode.

MOV is best for Apple devices. MP4 is best for all other devices.

Thanks to all who responded.
I have another issue.....I am getting the occasional jerky video in play back. I am using the best card I can find and loading to Mac to play. It is always the same spots in video so I am thinking it is recording issue? Ideas? (Phantom 3 pro)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.