Mov file corrupted

how big is the sd card,

phantom videos will stop and restart at about 4 gig size..

if a video is bad from shutting off too soon usually if you still have the file on the sd card it can be fixed by restarting the quad with that sd in it.
then start to record for about 30sec and then stop recording,
power down
test

Its the stock card 8gb. It's not the size though they are no more than 2gb and I did know about the stop start. Could it be that I'm filming in the cold? (-5 - -10C) I flew for Aprox 10min today. 3/5 less than 2minute videos were corrupted. It happend to be every other video corrupt. Need to try formatting the ad card still.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Still had trouble today. Temp down to -1C formatted the ad card. Next step try switching cards.

Mov is designed for macs. MP4 is Windows format.

This simply is not true! .MOV is a container format, developed originally on the PC and then acquired by Apple. .MOV is merely a "paper bag/container" that can contain any number of codecs such as .mp4, mp5, mp2, mp3, DnxHD, ProRes, and a host of others. MP4 is a cross-platform codec, it is not "Windows." It is everything. Linux, Windows, Mac.
If you want more info on codecs, I have a book through NAB which you can purchase.

Reactions: riverphantom3
how big is the sd card,

phantom videos will stop and restart at about 4 gig size..

if a video is bad from shutting off too soon usually if you still have the file on the sd card it can be fixed by restarting the quad with that sd in it.
then start to record for about 30sec and then stop recording,
power down
test

Will it always stop at 4gb no matter what resolution you choose on the video? I record at 2.7 30fps on both a 32 and 64 card. Seems like once it hits 4gb a new file begins. I'm using MOV format if that makes a difference.

Will it always stop at 4gb no matter what resolution you choose on the video? I record at 2.7 30fps on both a 32 and 64 card. Seems like once it hits 4gb a new file begins. I'm using MOV format if that makes a difference.

I think so, I think it is a file size limit somewhere
yea new file picks up at end of prior, I guess there is a drop though of some short duration between files

I think so, I think it is a file size limit somewhere
yea new file picks up at end of prior, I guess there is a drop though of some short duration between files

I thought by going with 64gb formatted in ExFAT would remove the 4gb file limit. However that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess it's just a limit of the P3 in general to stop at 4gb regardless of the video resolution.

Did you ever solve this?

I'm having the same problem with MOV file on my p3s

I have tried everything including djifix.exe
Here is a repair program for MOV files, but it's not cheap:
Buy Yodot MOV Repair for Windows
I've not tried it, but I have used similar one for MP4 that worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers