Mouse cursor hovering over the 'Buy now' button when...........

Reaction score
I thought to myself, let's check the forums first. So I came here and read lot's of horror stories of 'flyaway' P3's!
I suspect some of these tales of woe are from people who have never flown RC aircraft before in their lives, lift off into a hover and think 'wow, this is easy', fly around a little until they fly 'nose in' for the first time, inputs are suddenly mirrored and then panic sets in causing the pilot to throw in big stick movements that push the drone off too far to see properly, panic gets worse until the inevitable happens. I speak from personal experience of flying fixed wing RC, fortunately I had an instructor standing behind me who grabbed my controler and brought my plane back safely!
But I feel some of these posts may be from pilots who have lost their P3's through no fault of their own and the blame possibly lies with buggy firmware/software. I notice that DJI are releasing new firmware versions roughly every week and some of the fixes listed could have caused 'flyaways'. Maybe it's a good idea for me to wait until there is at least a month between firmware updates before I hit 'Buy now'. Until then, I will study the manual carefully! What do you guys think?

What flyaways? Crashes maybe, but I haven't heard of a single flyaway yet. And of those crashes, probably 90% have been attributed to pilot error.

Just buy one. They're awesome.

Reactions: Coldfire
I thought to myself, let's check the forums first. So I came here and read lot's of horror stories of 'flyaway' P3's!
I think you're writing about the Phantom 2.
There will always be new flyers hitting trees or their house but the Phantom 3 is a very different machine and just doesn't have the problems that caused lots of new flyers to come unstuck.
GPS locks in and the control signal and video go for miles.
Hit RTH and it comes back.

Wait until DJi fixes the constant Android app lag, crash and restart issue.....

It's not all of a certain device experiencing problems. I am using a Shield, and have had zero problems with the app. Some iOS users are experiencing problems, others not.

I suspect some of these tales of woe are from people who have never flown RC aircraft before in their lives, lift off into a hover and think 'wow, this is easy', fly around a little until they fly 'nose in' for the first time, inputs are suddenly mirrored and then panic sets in causing the pilot to throw in big stick movements that push the drone off too far to see properly, panic gets worse until the inevitable happens. I speak from personal experience of flying fixed wing RC, fortunately I had an instructor standing behind me who grabbed my controler and brought my plane back safely!
But I feel some of these posts may be from pilots who have lost their P3's through no fault of their own and the blame possibly lies with buggy firmware/software. I notice that DJI are releasing new firmware versions roughly every week and some of the fixes listed could have caused 'flyaways'. Maybe it's a good idea for me to wait until there is at least a month between firmware updates before I hit 'Buy now'. Until then, I will study the manual carefully! What do you guys think?

Sure...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20