Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Mounting stock cam on Walkera G2-D

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Molokai, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Molokai

Hey all!

It's been a while! I'm looking to use my old FC40 for simple short range stuff so I wanted to know how you guys installed the stock camera onto the gimbal. Post pics if possible - I want to use the cleanest looking set-up possible.

Thanks all!

2. mikey

I haven't done it myself, but through the many lost hours of reading through this forum... seems to be that you need to add weight to it so it equals a gopro, otherwise it won't function properly.

Seems the two most popular methods are sticky back velgro, and also ty-raps (zip ties)... ‎

3. impulse819

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443836805.108907.jpg ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443836816.770715.jpg

This how i did mine. Cut plastic boards to fill gap for gopro, screw em all in place, mount fc40 cam in front and i had to add more weight to the setup and thats what the lil heatsink was for. Balances well and works great!

4. photoman63

So what antenna do I see to the right of your camera?

5. impulse819

Oh those are the receiver antennas. I did the mod where you replace the stock ones with a mini pci to rpsma cable to be able to mount high gain antennas outside the craft.