Mounting GoPro 2 to Phantom 2. How?

I ran into same problem, i didnt buy gimbal with the p2 only becuase i didnt want to drop the extra money without knowing if it would be difficult to fly. Now i realize its extremely easy to fly i definitely want zenmuse and go pro. I called dronefly to see if they could add the difference and they told me no.... So i guess i gotta buy it for 349 oh well live and learn

Dronefly is a bit of an A-hole. I suggest B&H. If it was me, I would try and sell it. Even if you lost $50 to $100 selling your P2, you'll still be ahead buying the P2 with zenmuse. The price difference is $159 between the P2/zenmuse package and buying the P2 then buying the zenmuse alone. So keep that in mind when you factor in the cost of shipping. I'm sure someone will jump at it for $600 plus figure $20 for USPS parcel shipping and you're looking at $968 for the zenmuse/P2 package.

Wow. Actually a fast and personal, although disappointing, reply...

DJI sells the gimbel to us with each unit as a package. Unfortunately we are sold out of Phantom 2 with gimbels and we are waiting for new inventory which is 2-3 weeks away. We also put in a request to purchase gimbels separately and are waiting for an answer from them over pricing. I know there are other manufactures making gimbels for the unit that are less expensive then the one from DJI.
Have you tried other vendors who may have DJI Gimbels? You can try the following ; http://www.quadrocopter.com/Camera-Gimbals_c_116.html

Update

Well, after waiting a couple of weeks for the mount below to arrive, I finally got it modified (just had to drill a couple of holes that lined up with the P2 holes) and mounted. I tested it briefly over the weekend only to have it violently shake the entire quad once airborne. Disappointed, I packed up.

DSC_0049.jpg

Late yesterday afternoon I had an idea to try shooting video through the static mount I made. I had only shot pictures up to that point. I put it on and to my surprise, no JELLO! The static mount worked excellent.

If anyone is looking to mount an older GoPro to their P2, try using the plate that your GoPro came mounted on. Cheap and works great... until I make the switch to a gimbal.

150982_10202441673339795_307848995_n.jpg

I would still like to figure out why it shook so much with the anti-jello mount installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik