mounting Blue Beam 5.8 antennas

Reaction score
I've been given a pair of Blue Beam circular antennas but I'm not quite sure how these should be mounted to my Fatshark Predator system. I assume that they need to be extended to function properly, rather than fitted directly to the goggles and TX?

If so, can you tell me where to get the proper extensions?

What do you mean by extended ? Didn't they come ready to screw on as a direct replacement for your regular antennas ?

Usually, there is one that is a little longer than the other. The short one goes to the TX, and the longer one to the RX.

The reason they are better than your stock antennas, is because they send, and receive the signal in a broader pattern, so as
to provide better coverage. This means you don't have to point the antenna directly at the craft, to get reception.

The antennas that came with the Fatshark are jointed and can be tipped at various angles. They are about 4-5 inches in length. The Blue Beams have connectors immediately below their clover leaf, so that the entire antenna is probably less than 2 inches high, maybe 1.5 inches. I assumed that they would have to be mounted on some sort of extension, to get them farther away from the googles and tx. But... what do I know? Nada!

The Blue Beams have connectors immediately below their clover leaf, so that the entire antenna is probably less than 2 inches high, maybe 1.5 inches.

I see what you mean, that does sound pretty short. You might get away with it on the TX, but the goggles might require
a 90 degree adapter or something.

When I saw how short the Blue Beams are I assumed there must be some type of extender for them. Well, I should probably just hook them up and see what happens. As they say, what could possibly go wrong???

:shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1