Mounting a Go Pro in Phantom housing

Reaction score
The weather here is finally getting nice enough to fly outside. I'm wondering how to mount a Hero black 3+ Go Pro in the housing that came with my Phantom 1? When I put the camera in the housing, there is a lot of room front to back and side to side, It seems like the housing is made to mount a much bigger camera? Any halp would be appreciated.

My advice is to throw that included mount away and use your GoPro housing that came with it (either the skeleton or waterproof one).

kydan said:
My advice is to throw that included mount away and use your GoPro housing that came with it (either the skeleton or waterproof one).

That's the best advice. That original Phantom camera "sling" was made for Hero 3, the 3+ is a little bit smaller - reason there's so much slop. Either the OE GP housing or go to gimbal (which you'll probably do anyhow in the future)

I had the same concern when I first mounted my new GoPro Hero3+ Black edition.

I bit the bullet and spent $90 on a gimbal that uses a velcro strap. It really locks the GoPro down. 0 slack.

Here's what mine looks like right now. That blue strap you see wraps around the GoPro and locks it in place.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVAmDvF0yoM[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic