Mounting a camera on top

Reaction score
Hi. Can be there any problems with GPS reception if mounting a camera on top of a Phantom Vision?

Thanks.

The short answer i guess is yes. It will severely impair your ability to get satellites registered.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

CG could be an issue as well.

There was a video going around on youtube a few months ago of a guy who filmed his Phantom with a camera mounted on top. It was such a good video but for the life of me I just can't seem to find it :(.

I want to get a mobious to mount on top of mine to film it flying just for fun :).

Be prepared too fly in ATTI mode as the GPS WILL be impaired.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

If you have any way of viewing your sat count just stick you hand on top of the Phantom and see how the count drops.

Reactions: WetDog
I have tried it with my Sony HDR-AS100VR action cam, the video was HORRIBLE. Took it off and bought a GoPro for the Zenmuse instead.

I have used a setup that places a mobius above the phantom, but making sure it is not directly over the GPS. I am out of town at the moment, but I will post a pic when I get back home. It worked well.

I have used a setup that places a mobius above the phantom, but making sure it is not directly over the GPS. I am out of town at the moment, but I will post a pic when I get back home. It worked well.
Fastmiles, I would like get more information on how to mount a gimbal on top of a Phantom

That extreme cantilevered load is probably not much different than flying in high wind conditions. The props nearest the camera are probably working overtime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj