Mounting 600TVL FPV camera on gimbal

Reaction score
I am trying to mount a 600TVL on a Walkera gimbal. It's going alright. I just have to get the balance right. BUT ---> anyone here have any tips for doing this? Some of you may wonder why I don't just get a GoPro camera. Answer: expensive, heavy compared to a 15g 600TVL, and also, I'm not really interested in recording 1080p video at this point. I just like to fly around in FPV.

So, anyone who has done this kind of mount? Any advice?

Good question. Probably for the same reason people want a gimbal on a GoPro: get a smooth flying experience.

Have to agree. For full-on FPV flying, you don't WANT any stabilization. It would prevent you from sensing the true attitude of the drone. Just mount it directly to the Phantom, rather than on a stabilized gimbal.

So, best to mount the FPV fixed and then use the gimbal for a gopro style camera?

... of course, this is just a preference. I imagine a lot of people want to do FPV with a smooth experience. I just wish I could switch between the two modes.

Anyway... I would still like to know how do to it best, although it's kind of tempting to undercut my question.

I would create a small block of wood or plastic that is or slightly below the weight of the camera that was designed to go on the Walkera gimbal. Then mount the 600 TVL to the block then onto the gimbal and see how it works. I have mounted my 600 TVL with double sided sticky tape to the top of my Gopro while it was attached to my Tarot 2D gimbal and it worked perfect.

Thanks!

jimandsue60 said:
I would create a small block of wood or plastic that is or slightly below the weight of the camera that was designed to go on the Walkera gimbal. Then mount the 600 TVL to the block then onto the gimbal and see how it works. I have mounted my 600 TVL with double sided sticky tape to the top of my Gopro while it was attached to my Tarot 2D gimbal and it worked perfect.

What kind of sticky tape do you use?

jimandsue60 said:
3m Red backed tape found in the auto department of Walmart.

Seeing a bunch of options online, but not sure which is the correct one. Could you perhaps provide a link to the specific one? Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik