Mountain flying setup

Reaction score
On vacation in the mountains of Colorado. I did the compass calibration, and took off after normal green lights. Just went straight up about 15 feet to check things out. It hovered ok for about 30 seconds then came straight down in a hurry. Am I hitting an altitude limit? I calibrated and took off at 11,000 feet.

I'd love to get some panning mountain views, but don't dare fly away until I get this figured out. Suggestions?

I'm using FPV Booster as my app. Had 10 satellites.

There should not be any limit on the elevation above sea level that you fly from. I fly above 10,000' almost exclusively and never had such an issue. Look elsewhere for your problem.

Calibrated a couple more times until the lights said it worked. Same result on flight.

Any suggestions? I was trying on GPS mode. Maybe should have tried turning that off? I gave some CF props a try but no success.

I hate to say these dreaded words...call support.

On second thought, have you calibrated your IMU and gimbal? Try that first.

Last edited:
Hey Eddie -
Unfortunately I don't have my computer with me so my recalibration abilities are about zero aside from compass recal. Unfortunately we have already left the beautiful mountain scenery without the video footage I had hoped to shoot. I'll try all the calibrations when we get back home. Thanks for your input.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl