Mount for ImmersionRC TX

Reaction score
I have noticed that there is a 3d printed mount for the ImmersionRC 600mW on eBay.com
Problem is that it is $30 + shipping
Has anyone seen one of these for sale anywhere in the UK?

I have tried using velcro to hold the TX to my P2 but it melts the adhesive.
Any other ideas?

Cheers
Stu

I can't help you with the mount, but I can tell you that I mounted mine with some double sided vhb tape and so far it's been ok. That said I've only done a couple of flights since fitting it and it was cold outside.

I'll try and print one.
I'll pm you if it works.

Thanks for the comment about the mount.
Was thinking about doing one for the futaba14sg too, didn't know if anyone would be interested though.

How hot does the immersion tx get?

I fitted mine inside, with the component side directly on an air vent. I have not tested it on a proper flight yet, just a few minutes to check it works.

monoi said:
How hot does the immersion tx get?

I fitted mine inside, with the component side directly on an air vent. I have not tested it on a proper flight yet, just a few minutes to check it works.

Well, it got hot enough to melt the adhesive on the velcro I was using.
Probably not too bad when flying though.
There is no way I would fit it inside the shell but depends what power of TX you have, mine is 600mW

600mw.

Had the phantom run for 5mins tonight without props inside the house, didnt feel any particular heat. I guess I will take it step by step. I might put a piece of heat reflecting fabric on it. Also took the opportunity to reroute the gimball cable, and soldered the can bus directly to the iosd mini. Surprisingly easy to do for a much cleaner look.

IMG_0497_zps0761de80.jpg

IMG_0500_zps376218fb.jpg

Skimmer said:
I did the same as you did Monoi. Very clean. Where did you mount you video tx? I see the antenna but don't see the transmitter.

I presume he mounted it under the main board?
If so then not a bad idea.

I wouldn't mount it inside the case-just too much heat. But, to each his own. The Phantom has something like 18? vents...so it shouldn't be an issue. I also like how clean your install looks-good job.
That being said; I mounted mine outside the case, on the rear of the Phantom, with 2 pieces of 3M red double sided sticky tape.
Make sure you mount it, so the antenna comes out to the right, as you're looking at the back of the aircraft.

That sticky tape has held for more than 80 flights so far(before that, I had only used 1 piece of sticky tape-and it was coming loose often.).

And-your zip tie gave me an idea. I really need to clean up the inside of my case. I have the same stuff as you, but also a PMU2....so I've got wires everywhere!!

I took the idea of decluttering from other guys on the forum. Soldered the can bus cable to the iosd mini, used the supplied cable from firstpersonview for the iosd mini/immersion tx/phantom cable connection. So you get rid of quite a lot of cables. I know I will need to open it for the next miniosd firmware update, but thats not an issue really.

If you look at the 1st picture in the previous post, you can see the tx just right and below the iosd mini. It is just behind the vents in the 2nd picture. The idea was to put it next to the battery, but removing the board was too involved and it fits fine there.

I switched it on today for 30mins inside the house with the blades at rest, so no air flow and in the warmth. It gets quite warm, but not hot and there is no particular smell of burning. The antenna also works as a heat sink of sort. So I'm quite happy that it will be fine.

Here are some more pics of the install.

exit of the antenna
IMG_0498_zps9e8b1b59.jpg

Immersion tx before connection
IMG_0486_zps0020d9f3.jpg

iosdmini cables soldered
IMG_0482_zpse5bd30ed.jpg

new routing for the gimball cable
IMG_0468_zps5b58a914.jpg

heatshrink
IMG_0483_zps71928be2.jpg

Hope this helps.

That's nice.
The only issue I see is your antenna will work best, when pointed straight down. But, you're not likely to see much difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic