Mount a gimbal on Vision +

Reaction score
Is it possible to mount for example the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal on the Phantom 2 Vision + and use a own camera and gimbal instead of the original one ? And if yes are the current connections ready for a H3-3D gimbal just to plug in without the need for any modifications?

And on the Phantom 2 Vision + how big of a difference is it between the original camera and a GoPro Hero 3? Also how big of a difference between the original gimbal and the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal?

Are the videos recorded with the Phantom 2 Vision + good quality, i´m thinking first and foremost on the Vision + ability to stay still in mid air so the videos doesn't get bumpy?

Also is it possible to steer the Phantom 2 Vision + from the iPhone/ iPad app? Or can the steering only be made from the radio control?

Thanks for some answers to my questions.

The Phantom said:
Is it possible to mount for example the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal on the Phantom 2 Vision + and use a own camera and gimbal instead of the original one ?
Maybe. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIY7M8lD6CM
No details. No release date. But I feel that the signals and connections are there, just haven't been figured out yet.
The Phantom said:
And if yes are the current connections ready for a H3-3D gimbal just to plug in without the need for any modifications?
No. You'll need to modify the cabling somehow.
The Phantom said:
And on the Phantom 2 Vision + how big of a difference is it between the original camera and a GoPro Hero 3? Also how big of a difference between the original gimbal and the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal?

Are the videos recorded with the Phantom 2 Vision + good quality, i´m thinking first and foremost on the Vision + ability to stay still in mid air so the videos doesn't get bumpy?

Also is it possible to steer the Phantom 2 Vision + from the iPhone/ iPad app? Or can the steering only be made from the radio control?

Thanks for some answers to my questions.
The P2V+ camera is not great. I notice a lot of compression artifacts and it's terrible in low light. That being said it's still a pretty good camera but I've no doubt the GoPro is better.
The big advantage is the ability to see what the camera sees on your iPhone and the camera is much lighter than a GoPro
The Gimbal is definitely of inferior quality to the Zenmuse. It works just as well when it works but it's not durable. A hard landing and it's broken.

When in a hover, it does move around a little but stays within a foot or two. Sometimes it's pretty stable and other times it wanders a bit. Depends on GPS signal and wind, etc...

No you cannot steer from the phone. You can only control the camera from the phone. The phone essentially becomes the camera viewfinder.

If your primary concern is video quality and photography, you'll probably be better off with a P2+Zenmuse.
The P2V+ advantage is the WiFi downlink with the ability to see and control the camera from the ground.
I have heard of some users figuring out how to maintain the WiFi link to the GoPro in the air and have remote shutter capabilities while flying.

Thanks for the good answers. Yes for me video quality is the most important, i want smooth and nice movements, i guess the gimbal is more important than the camera when it comes to that? But at the same time the FPV function is as important, and as i understand, to get the FPV function to the Phantom 2+ Zenmuse H3-3D it will need some additional things? What is needed to get FPV, a screen and a downlink module or?

And i read that the GoPro´s Wifi can't be used when it´s mounted on the drone since it interferes with something?

My question is this: Those who use the gopro on a zenmuse, if you cannot see a live view, how do you know you are getting the shot you need? I don't get how you would frame up a shot, short of guessing.

sidebox said:
My question is this: Those who use the gopro on a zenmuse, if you cannot see a live view, how do you know you are getting the shot you need? I don't get how you would frame up a shot, short of guessing.

FPV funtionallity can be added to a gopro if you buy the bits, there are kits out there, google 'fpv gopro' . the P2V+ set up just has it built in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4