Motors won't start

Reaction score
I cannot start motors on my Phantom 3 executive! Have tried everything I read or daw on the net but no luck. Flying one day and the next nothing. All signals and signs are go but nothing happened when I try to start up. I get a pop up that says ESC error and to restart the drone. That does not work either! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot start motors on my Phantom 3 executive! Have tried everything I read or daw on the net but no luck. Flying one day and the next nothing. All signals and signs are go but nothing happened when I try to start up. I get a pop up that says ESC error and to restart the drone. That does not work either! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ESC error could be caused by a bad motor, bad connection or bad ESC, Check to see if all your motors spin freely by hand. If they do, then it shell will have to come off to check connections.. If it is a bad ESC, unforntunately those components are a part of the main board and that will have to be replaced. Send it in if it is still under warranty.

Two things prevent motor start up. One is no GPS connection and the other is a bad ESC.
Contact DJI if she's under warranty as the P3 ESC's are built into the main board. It's an expensive item. They can advise you as to corse of action. Most likely and RMA. Good luck!

Just for clarification an ESC is a motor controller and there are four of them. If she is flagging an ESC error, power off and restart, if it continues to show that error then one is most likely bad.

Last edited:
I had a bad motor connection and got the same thing. I soldered it and all is ok. It can sense a bad or disconnected motor

Thanks for the info Ted! I did surgery and looked at all the motors and all was good. I finally called DJI yesterday and explained my issue and the tech asked when did I purchase the Phantom 3P. I replied one week before Christmas 2015 and he immediately replied there was a recall on that lot of drones that were sold at that time. I have to send it in. He did not say what the issue was but I will find out later and post! Wish DJI would have sent a notice out as this would have saved me a lot of pain!

Reactions: bobmyers
My problem as well. My P3 Pro took a spill in a puddle, not submerged. Anyway came home put a cool blow dryer dried it just to be safe. 8 hours later I'm flying again. Next morning, nothing. No GPS connection no motor action. I just did the latest firmware today, 5-5-16. Was hoping it would help, nope. Uggggg.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl