Motors won't start - vs 1.1.1 Phantom

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom vs. 1.1.1 after ditching the old one in the Pacific earlier this year. I'm getting back up on that horse hopefully, but want to confirm a few things (I'll try to keep it over dry land this time, but it is soooo tempting being at the beach).

Note that I do not have a PC and therefore have done no firmware upgrade. My first Phantom didn't need one and I was able to fly right out of the box with no problems. With this one I went thru the compass calibration and got the proper lights. I give it throttle and get nothing. I did some digging and read that if this happens it can be that you need to run the assistant software. Anyone else had this happen?

I'll be able to get to a PC next week. Any tips on what to do or not do when I have it on the PC?

Thanks

Are you doing the CSC to start the motors?

What lights do you have on the Phantom? You're looking for just a single green flashing LED ideally (with both switches in the top positions).

All the best

Simon

CSC? Are you talking about compass calibration? If so, yes.

Having flown the previous Phantom quite a bit I'm pretty sure I'm doing things properly. I get the yellow flash for warm up and then in GPS mode green with one or two red flashes as it finds the satellites. It is then showing ready to go with green and I engage throttle and nothing.

In the Phantom manual on the flowchart it says if this happens to "connect the assistant software for calibration. I'll try that tomorrow when I have access to a PC and confirm.

jmwquad said:

Having flown the previous Phantom quite a bit I'm pretty sure I'm doing things properly. I get the yellow flash for warm up and then in GPS mode green with one or two red flashes as it finds the satellites. It is then showing ready to go with green and I engage throttle and nothing.

In the Phantom manual on the flowchart it says if this happens to "connect the assistant software for calibration. I'll try that tomorrow when I have access to a PC and confirm.

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. If re-calibrating the IMU does not solve it, I would be asking for a replacement.

BTW, I also have a vs 1.1.1

jmwquad said:

I am not talking about compass calibration. I'm talking about the CSC - Combination Stick Commands.

They are described here: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... Stop_Motor

All the best

Simon

Simon,

That did it. Thank you for the valuable suggestion!

BTW, I did get to a pc today and did the firmware upgrade and ran the software assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues