Motors very warm is this normal?

Reaction score
I received my PV2+ yesterday and was able to take it out today. I have previous versions of phantoms. But noticed after a little more of 5 minutes of flight time the motors seem very warm compared to my other versions. Is this normal? I know this thing is heavy but wanted to see if this normal among others.

Thanks everyone

gh6762 said:
I received my PV2+ yesterday and was able to take it out today. I have previous versions of phantoms. But noticed after a little more of 5 minutes of flight time the motors seem very warm compared to my other versions. Is this normal? I know this thing is heavy but wanted to see if this normal among others.

Thanks everyone

my motors aren't even warm to the touch after a 14 or 15 minute flight..if they are warm, something is not right. all 4 of them?

Yes all 4 of them. I live in Texas temp here about 85 but I was concerned because my previous phantoms barely get warm.

In NJ, ambient temps about 55-65F and the all four of my motors are warm to the touch like I said 80-85F...

I'll pick up a IR Hand Held thermo tomorrow and take some readings , really appreciate all the info.

Update:
Well today I flew for a little over 14 minutes before rapid red flashes. Took the IR thermal scanner and got readings of 82F to 85F per motor. So I will assume that is within normal heat range of the motors. But then I took a second flight about 1 hour later and got readings of 88F to 91F per motor. Current temp was around 85F and I was flying in my warehouse only because the winds were to high and all I did was hover.

I would like to know if anyone is getting the 25 minute flight time that DJI claims. One of the main reasons I bought this was the stated 25 minute flight time that DJI claims.

Thanks again everyone

20 minutes is more realistic. If you want to take it down until it can't actually carry its own weight, you should be able to easily hit the claimed time, but it's not worth the risk IMHO. You can configure the warning levels (where it will warn and where it will autoland) in provided software assistant.

Note, the battery life depends on many factors including how hard you fly, the gains you have set etc. I think the batter life is absolutely incredible myself.

Thanks davephantom for the info.

Just wanted to see if that was the average flight time for everyone else.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik