Motors too hot?

Reaction score
I flew my P4 today in Baker California next to the huge thermometer and it was around 109 degrees Fahrenheit outside. When I was done flying the motors were pretty hot. I touched them and could only keep my fingers on them for 3-5 seconds before I had to let go. Can someone let me know if this is normal or ok? Also the video feed being fed to my phone was glitching out so maybe the phone overheated? But I'm curious about the motors. I don't want to overheat them and have them start to de-magnitize and become weak. What's your experience after flying and touching the motors? I know everyone's pain scale is different but your experience can potentially help me. Thank you

With an ambient temp of 109 they're going to heat up! I did a battery mod and added 500 grams in weight and saw a huge increase in temp of the motors! They're noticeably hotter but still able to be held without having to leave go! My back props are warmer to touch as well vs front. I'd recommend waiting till later in day when sun is going down and it's getting cooler.

With an ambient temp of 109 they're going to heat up! I did a battery mod and added 500 grams in weight and saw a huge increase in temp of the motors! They're noticeably hotter but still able to be held without having to leave go! My back props are warmer to touch as well vs front. I'd recommend waiting till later in day when sun is going down and it's getting cooler.
Do you think I could of messed anything up? Weakened the motors or what not?

If you Google such it looks like GENERALLY speaking 80-100C is where you may see some demag occurring with Nd mags. This is 175-212F.

Not sure of the exact composition in the DJI motors.

Temp. is a concern but at this level I would not worry about such things.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31