Motors stopped mid flight

Reaction score
This is a DJI E300 kit in a Dex shell with NAZA M2 with GPS. Took it up for a test flight with a new camera (Sony HDR AZ1) total weight 1077g. This was the second flight with the camera. I was just doing some easy figure eights over the house when one or more motors just stopped. One of the props spun off and the quad flipped multiple times and fell on my roof. Broke 3 motor mounts, one prop, the GPS pole, scuffed up the shell and motors. I lost the new camera but found it a few hours later, banged up a bit but still working. It had slid down the roof, fallen into the gutter, gone down the downspout and into the drain pipe underground. Took me a really long time to figure out where it might be. When you have looked again and again through all of the logical places, you start to to look in the impossible ones.
Connected the bird to the NAZA Assistant and found one motor would not activate. Swapped channels on the NAZA and the same one failed so the problem is not in the NAZA. Not sure if it is the motor or ESC. What bothers me is that the motor that failed is not the one that threw a prop. It could have been damaged with impacting the roof. I think I will have to replace two motors and two ESC's to be sure I have gotten rid of the defective part.
I am losing all faith in DJI products.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj