Motors Startup problems since firmware upgrade to 3.1

Reaction score
Since i have upgraded my Phantom to firmware 3.1, i have problems starting the motors.

The new led startup procedure works without any problem, but when i try to start the motors from the TX i have no reaction from the quad.

I have 1 on 10 times a succes to start the motors so i can lift off ...
I start the motors by moving the left joystick to the right and down en the right joystick to the left and down on the same moment !

I hope someone has had the same problem and has a solution !

ps: after the upgrade and restart i uploaded the default settings to the Phantom ...

kind regards

/\/\ax2206

Hi again,

Could a full advanced calibration of the dji phantom and the TX help my problem ?

kind regards
/\/\ax2206

One of my phantoms has the same issue and the other doesn't. I was about to re-flash the FW on the one that was challenged when I lost it. Have you tried to re-flash the FW to see if that would fix it?

When you use the sticks to arm the motors, do the motors turn at all (slow speed)? If they are spinning slowly, advance the throttle to 50% or higher and the Phantom should launch.

Nope, when i do the startup/lift-off procedure with the sticks nothing happens. With the old firmware there was no problem.
as i already mentioned only after several tries the motors are spinning slow so i throttle to 50% for lift-off. but after a lot of tries.

kind regard
/\/\ax2206

Apparently you're not alone with this situation.

From what i've read,. the upgrade can mess with the Tx calibration, so even when your sticks are all the way down, they don't appear to be for the NAZA.

perhaps try calibrating your Tx using the NAZA software.

(and make extra sure that your motor mixing is set to ""X" while you're at it!)

max2206 said:
OK i will try and let you now if it helped

regards
/\/\ax2206
/\/\ax2206 - did you have any success? I'm having the same problem with no motors starting after the latest firmware update (I even re-flashed).

I also read on the forum here that sometimes after the firmware flash, the sticks do not register properly. Here are my Naza screens with my Tx with S1 and S2 up, throttle down and pitch in the center position. Does this look ok?

Beautiful day today, hoping to fly a bit.

Attachments

• Naza1.JPG
    Naza1.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,421
  • Naza2.JPG
    Naza2.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,429
  • 20130601_131602.jpg
    20130601_131602.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,398
lilwheat said:
[

Did you try hitting the START button to calibrate your sticks?

..I think you can also do another kind of stick calibration to the Tx as well, but I'd try the NAZA one first, since that's the part that's been changed with the firmware update.

check page 7 of the Advanced manual to calibrate the transmitter itself. (I've never done it myself, but perhaps that will help)

Gizmo3000 said:
lilwheat said:
[

Did you try hitting the START button to calibrate your sticks?

..I think you can also do another kind of stick calibration to the Tx as well, but I'd try the NAZA one first, since that's the part that's been changed with the firmware update.

check page 7 of the Advanced manual to calibrate the transmitter itself. (I've never done it myself, but perhaps that will help)
I did the advanced Tx calibration and there was no change. I really don't understand this one. I also clicked Start in the Naza calibration and followed that procedure as well.

The Tx is most certainly communicating, power levels are fine -- it's just as if it's not registering the motor start procedure.

Here's a video of my attempt to startup. My eyes could be going crazy, but I think I see a red flash after the double greens after my first attempt to start. Not sure if that's a fault or just the GPS count=6
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCWdMWTubE[/youtube]

I ended up doing an advanced calibration of the IMU in addition to recalibrating the compass and magically, we have liftoff. Batteries are on the charger and when the winds die down a bit tonight, we're off!

I have just recived my phantom, and i have the same problem as you.
I have calibrated the compass by turning it, and the sticks in the software, but no luck.

Now i have no ideas what else to do.

Gnist said:
I have calibrated the compass by turning it, and the sticks in the software, but no luck.

Where are you from? Someone on here might be close enough to help out.

mercillus said:
Gnist said:

Where are you from? Someone on here might be close enough to help out.

Hey Mercillus

Sorry i'm from Denmark ;)
My Phantom is now flying - i calibratet my IMU, as some one here wrote. But i also have my first crash :oops: the Phantom can only blink yellow now, and no connection from the transmitter to nazam software :?:

Hello Gnist

It appears we have the same problems but in a different order. I also had my first real crash (thanks manual mode) and it flew fine for the rest of the day, but the next time I tried to fly I got the yellow blinks and would not connect in naza assistant. After a couple of other failed remidies I then tried to rebind the tx and rx with no success. That's the test you need to do to find out if you're screwed. Mine did not rebind and I contacted a dealer who said they would send me out a replacement. That may be what you're now up against now. I was already looking at the dx8 so that was my fix to the problem. Expensive fix!

Now trying to fix the start up problem. None of the calibration test have worked. Going to try to reflash and calibrate. I hope that solves it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik