Motors running backwards

Reaction score
I had a second party install goggles kit so i could see where my phantom was going. After hooking up power to the camera he wanted to make sure it ran. He didn't know what he was doing and turned it on in his shop. It took off in his shop and crashed and snapped one of the blades.
I replaced the blades and turned it on and all of the motors are running backwards now. It just pushes itself to the ground. The camera installer claims he never undid and of the original wires.
Any suggestions?

you got the blades mixed up. 2 are CW and 2 CCW. If the blades are the right way round then your motors have been visited by the brushless fairy and had their wires swapped round

If you took the top off and put it back on even 90 deg out your props will not be on the correct motors if you are following the diagram on the top of the shell. Red LED front, Green LED back. :D

Did you open up the Phantom? You have to put the top back on the same way you took it off. If you don't you will put the props on wrong and the GPS will be pointed the wrong way. Which will ruin your day.

The two 'front' arms have the molded in depressions for the two red stripe decals (see the picture on the box) that mark the 'front' end of the Phantom. These depressions extend from the top shell across the seam to the bottom shell. Make sure these decal depressions match up on the top and bottom shells for both 'front' arms. If they don't and you're off by 90 degrees and then follow the clockwise and counter-clockwise indications in the top shell, all the motors will have props that will blow air up upon start-up. Don't try to fix this by swapping the props, the prop direction is not the only problem. Take the shell halves apart and align them properly before reassembling.

Steve

pestymegal said:
I had a second party install goggles kit so i could see where my phantom was going. After hooking up power to the camera he wanted to make sure it ran. He didn't know what he was doing and turned it on in his shop. It took off in his shop and crashed and snapped one of the blades.
I replaced the blades and turned it on and all of the motors are running backwards now. It just pushes itself to the ground. The camera installer claims he never undid and of the original wires.
Any suggestions?

Yes we took off the top and have found out that is the problem. Kind of feel dumb at this point. Thanks a bunch.

I only know this from doing the same thing myself, but that is what forums like this is all about.

pestymegal said:
Yes we took off the top and have found out that is the problem. Kind of feel dumb at this point. Thanks a bunch.

Yes, I had the same problem. I had taken off the top to wire the Tarot into CH5, and put the top on 90 degrees to the right.
I panicked, and googled the problem. The result was this forum, and the answer. I feel dumb too. Anyway, looks like a good forum, so I have since signed up. :D
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20