Motors power up fine, but P2 won't take off!

Reaction score
After a recent crash disabled one of my ESCs and took my P2 out of commission, I just replaced all four ESCs and all four motors (I live in a rusty climate -- it was time for a refurbish).

Now, my P2 powers up fine, and all four motors spin fine, but the P2 won't take off -- it's as if it doesn't have enough power.

Any idea what could be the problem?

I have a couple questions for you, Did you buy separate esc's? What I mean buy that were the esc's and motors separate? Or did each esc come wired to a motor? Second Question looking at the Phantom in front of you, Stripes on arms facing you battery should be on opposite side of quad tell me which direction it takes to unscrew those blades with the stripes in front of you on the
RIGHT?
LEFT?

Thanks ~Duke

Thanks for your help, Duke. To answer your questions:

I bought the ESCs separate from the motors.

These are the ESCs I purchased:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K456LIG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

And these are the motors:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PL72ZJG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PL7078W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

As for your second question,
Right blade: clockwise
Left Blade: counter-clockwise

Are you sure that you put the motors in the correct places on the Phantom?

As Duke asked, which direction do each of the motors spin?

Well as I am facing mine Stripes facing me , The right motor tightens CCW and the Left is CW. If yours are different from that I think they are backwards. Now ya might as well taker apart and when Your in there quad facing you with the stripes take me a picture of the mtr and esc on the right striped arm then the left and post them. I think we can tell you if your esc's are wired correctly.

I realize the problem. I wired all the ESCs identically, whereas I should have them alternating.

Thanks for your help, Duke!

Reactions: Duke
I realize the problem. I wired all the ESCs identically, whereas I should have them alternating.

Thanks for your help, Duke!

Not a problem mate! Gimmie Some! ;)

Here's a photo of my quad. The directions I described above refer to the bottom-right and bottom-left motors, in regards to unscrewing the blades.

Your CCW motors are wired wrong thats why it won't liftoff. The CCW motors should be wired from top to bottom blk, yel, red but you have them wired the same as the CW motors.
IMG_3615.jpg

Did you connect back with software and verify the mode your tx is in? Mine did the same after a Cali...connect again and verify by the phantom and the tx

Did you connect back with software and verify the mode your tx is in? Mine did the same after a Cali...connect again and verify by the phantom and the tx

His motors were wired wrong.

Jason , in the picture above are the markings on the picture the correct pattern? Is there a document that demonstrates how the wires should layout from naza to all components

With respect to the motor wiring...
If you reattach the motor incorrectly the WORSE thing that can happen is it spins backwards or opposite of your intent since there are both CW and CCW versions.

Don't get concerned with the colors as much as the direction.

If you wired it and it is backwards from what you want, swap ANY TWO wires to reverse the direction.
The colors of those two wires does not matter.

Jason , in the picture above are the markings on the picture the correct pattern? Is there a document that demonstrates how the wires should layout from naza to all components

I posted a photo and the motor on the right is ccw look how it's wired. I've been for over 14 months wired this way. CCW Blk, Yel Red CW Blk Red Yel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik