Motors not horizontal or me being paranoic?

Reaction score
Hey All

I got this P3A yesterday.
I flew it indoors, outdoors, did all calibrations everything perfectly the way it should have been.No incidents, whatsoever.
BUT, now i pay attention to the motors and they look slightly odd to me. Like 2 of them are inclined. Here, attaching the photos. But the copter flew fine, absolutely no problems.
What would you recommend to do?

p.s. also it has this oily trail around it. u can notice in the picture also.

12465443_10208536604716185_1023983662_o.jpg 12510967_10208536604676184_708654741_o.jpg

Last edited:
That is how they are designed, they are slightly canted. This design helps to stabilize hover as well as helping to prevent Vortex Ring State, so your quadcopter does not fall out of the sky on descent if you come straight down.

Reactions: t2adze
Normal and designed at a slight angle. However this should not be any oil showing anywhere. The motors have sealed bearings and are not to be greased or oiled. If someone has oiled them, they will start collecting dust and dirt and begin getting a crust which will eventually cause them to tighten up. Double check that oily trail you see!

Normal and designed at a slight angle. However this should not be any oil showing anywhere. The motors have sealed bearings and are not to be greased or oiled. If someone has oiled them, they will start collecting dust and dirt and begin getting a crust which will eventually cause them to tighten up. Double check that oily trail you see!
Its not that they are oily. It just has a oily trail outside. I think you can see it on the pic. Inside it looks regular and normal. What should i do?

You may have the remains of suicidal bugs on your Phantom.

Reactions: t2adze

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik