Motors burn out?

Reaction score
I just ordered a phantom 3 standard and was wondering how reliable the motors are. In the past few drones that I bought the motors burned out very easily and was wondering if the p3s motors are strong.

There brushless...they last a looooong time....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

+2

Between my P2V+ and P3S, I've only had one motor problem that also blew the ESC board. My fault. Got some sand in it upon landing (another reason I now hand catch). They are brushless motors, wound with a continuous string of wire, operated by electrically rotating a magnetic field to make the motor turn. Almost nothing to go wrong. If you're having a motor problem, likely fault is the ESC board or driver(s). Swap out the motor with the one on the adjacent arm (that is, swap the CW motors, or the CCW motors). If the same motor still doesn't spin right, probably a bad motor. If the swapped motor doesn't spin right in the same arm as before, then an electrical problem. Keep dirt out of them and prevent a tip-over on landing and they should last a long, long time.

The other day my 1 week old phantoms 1 motor stopped spinning like it was told to or something. It did a flip and hit the ground. 3 motors were spinning and i could not stop them untill i pulled the battery.

Hasn't happened since... not sure what to make of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav