Motor wires

Reaction score
Should I be concern about this motor wires?
The phantom is flying well but I just saw this issue and wonder if is safe to continue to fly or should I send it for repair.
Thanks.Claudio

Attachments

• IMG_3638.jpg
    IMG_3638.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 677
Re: Engine wires

Hi Claudio. The term engine is more related to gas operated machines. If they are elecltrically operated, you should better call them motors. (en inglés, el término engine se refiere a un motor que funciona con combustible. El termino "motor" en inglés se refiere mayormente a uno eléctrico).

I'd consider sending it for checking / repairing. I'll also check my motors. never looked at them with such detail.

yo consideraría enviarlo a reparación. revisaré los mios. nunca los he visto con tanto detalle.

Saludos.
Fabio.

Re: Engine wires

cschonholz said:
Should I be concern about this engine wires?
The phantom is flying well but I just saw this issue and wonder if is safe to continue to fly or should I send it for repair.
Thanks.Claudio

Those are version 1 and 2 wires that have zero problems. If they are running than you dont have a problem. Just dont run the long prop guard screws into them, then you will have a problem. :D

Jeremy James

Are you concerned about the long loops of wire that stick up? It's probably nothing to worry about.
If you are worried and would prefer them to be more secure, I'd suggest using a couple of drops of white glue to secure them.
Just don't overdo it.

DO NOT PUT GLUE ON THOSE WIRES!

frigging motor spins at XXX RPM's and get hot, you don't want glue on the magnets, pick ups etc.....

Really? Glue in motors?

Glue is commonly used on coils and motor wires to keep the wires from vibrating.
The trick is to use the right kind. White glue isn't the best, but it should be harmless.
Above 170F, the worst it will do is soften a bit. You don't want to use hot glue, since
it would run as it gets hot.

In these brushless motors, the coils are stationary. Anything put on them would not
be likely to migrate elsewhere (due to centrifugal force).

CityZen said:
Glue is commonly used on coils and motor wires to keep the wires from vibrating.
The trick is to use the right kind. White glue isn't the best, but it should be harmless.
Above 170F, the worst it will do is soften a bit. You don't want to use hot glue, since
it would run as it gets hot.

In these brushless motors, the coils are stationary. Anything put on them would not
be likely to migrate elsewhere (due to centrifugal force).
In my experience it is enamel, not glue.

:D
My family used to own a motor shop. They used varnish coated wire to rewind motors and then applied more varnish before heating the rotor in a big oven.

The OP motor looks sloppily wound, but I doubt it would make much difference in performance. I would not add any sort of glue or worry about it.

MHL

The only reason to possibly worry is that the loose wires might vibrate. With enough vibration, they can rub their insulating
varnish off and possibly make a short. It might not ever happen during the useful life of the motor, but it's within the
realm of possibility. Of course, being struck dead by lightning is also within that realm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers