Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Motor upgrade?

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by KMW, Feb 26, 2015.

1. KMW

KMW

Just curious, are there any upgrades motorwise for the 1.1.1? I've looked a bit and haven't really seen anything about anyone changing motors out, other than for repair.

I know in the scale truck world motors are an endless avenue of modification. Just wondered if the same was true here, but I'm thinking not since I can't find anything about it.

2. Tobrouk

Re: Motor upgrade?

Hello KMW!

Yes there is!! T-Motor MN2214 Antigravity

Check here:
    http://www.helipal.com/t-motor-mn2214-a ... -v3-0.html

Ps. You don't have to upgrade the ESC's like said in the link. I have them for my P1.1.1 (now a P1.5) with the original ESC's and they are running fine!!

Cheers

3. KMW

KMW

Thanks! What improvement do you see with those motors?

4. KMW

KMW

Yowser! Just looked again and saw the price. $200! They claim 2-3 minutes more flight time, but I'm sure that's with a naked Phantom. So over $60 per minute if you really got 3, and $100 per minute if you got a whole two minutes.

5. Stach

Re: Motor upgrade?

It's still expensive but you can get these motors on Amazon for almost $40 less. I don't have them but I have been looking and reading as well as a couple of my stock Phantom motors have some serious resonating vibrations in them. From what I have read these should be smooth as silk for shooting video (and should be for the price) as well as other benefits, better/smoother control of the Phantom, more power, etc...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECOBPE0/ref ... WC0IWTNV0O

6. KMW

KMW

Thanks! Well, I'll probably run these until they need replaced, ams then maybe consider those.