Motor temperature

Reaction score
Hi. I´m enjoying my phantom Vision+... previous flights were in cold-medium temperature, and I didn´t notice any motor hot (a bit hot only, but I think normal)... Today, with hot day (about 25ºC) and after a flight I notice 3 hot motors, I think they have similar temperature (a bit higher other times, but normal considering ambient temperature) and other a bit hotter to touch (you can touch without problem, but notice it hotter than others).

are 4 engines supposed to be at same temperature? maybe... must I check sometihg? (pv+ is new, about 10 flights).

Regards

Hi. I´m enjoying my phantom Vision+... previous flights were in cold-medium temperature, and I didn´t notice any motor hot (a bit hot only, but I think normal)... Today, with hot day (about 25ºC) and after a flight I notice 3 hot motors, I think they have similar temperature (a bit higher other times, but normal considering ambient temperature) and other a bit hotter to touch (you can touch without problem, but notice it hotter than others).

are 4 engines supposed to be at same temperature? maybe... must I check sometihg? (pv+ is new, about 10 flights).

Regards

The by produce of energy is heat and since all those motors do not run at the same rpm some may be warmer then others.

The by produce of energy is heat and since all those motors do not run at the same rpm some may be warmer then others.

I noticed the same thing yesterday, one of my motors was so hot that you almost couldn't hold your hand on it. The other 3 motors were all just warm. I'll keep checking to see if that particular motor is always hotter than the others.

It shouldn't be so hot that you almost can't touch it...
A friend had a similar issue after a tip over.. 2 of the back motors were MUCH hotter.
1 of the motors eventually failed and she died from 200ft... it was due to the ESC :(

Generally all 4 should be approx the same temp.. obviously if you did the same maneuver for 18 mins then they might be diff temp, but generally with normal flying.. they should all be the same pretty much.

Anyways I would look into your 1 motor if its so hot you can't touch it.. perhaps it has a piece of sand/crap stuck in it some where ?? You could try use compressed air and give it a good spray, hopefully if something is stuck it will get dislodged with the air..
You can also take it apart, but I'm not familiar with that process, hopefully someone else can chime in here about that ??

but yeah, definetly look into the issue... it could be the ESC which is actually the problem and not the motor... did you have a tip over.. or incident heh :) ?

Yeah I had to install a integrated water cooler on mine. :rolleyes:

I've made a note of which motor it was that was hot, I'll check after the next couple of flights and see if the same thing happens. Havn't had a tip-over or any problem like that. All 4 motors feel identical in turning them by hand, no catching or anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik