Motor Temperature

Reaction score
Had the phantom out Monday,Was not paying attention and hit a tree a long way out could not find it for 2 days. It got wet from the rain. Set in rice for 2 days and seemed fine. Flew for about 15 Minutes and happened to feel the motors and one seemed to be a little hotter than the others I clamped the Phantom down and ran the motors with props on for about 5 Minutes at high and low RPM Checked it with my Infrared Thermometer and it was about 2 degrees difference on one. I guess that is the only way to really check them. Because felt a lot hotter to the touch.

Yep. Take the hotter motor apart and make sure there's no debris in the rotors (very possible if you hit a tree... could even be sap). If it's clean, and it still runs hot, I'd replace the barrings. They're just a couple bucks each... and it's just not worth scrimping on a couple bucks when it's the thing that's keeping your bird in the sky.

Fair nuff. Though don't be afraid to take em apart. These don't have any of those pesky brushes we used to have to fight with... so they really do come apart and snap together pretty easily.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl