Motor Temp Monitor

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to monitor motor temp in an app or settings. This read out would be good for everyone.

glee

Motor temp is not monitored internally or available via telemetry.

...I use a digital thermometer with laser pointer for targeting - you can get one for under $20 on amazon - hold approximately one foot away from your target - I'll occasionally take readings of all motors after long flights to check for any major temperature deviations - could indicate failing bearings or something binding if temp is high on just one - also listen to your motors and try and determine if any are higher or lower pitched than the others...

Reactions: G Lee
I have one of the laser monitors as well, works very well. They are very cheap and also accurate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 13.03.53.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 13.03.53.png
    161 KB · Views: 399
Reactions: G Lee
...I use a digital thermometer with laser pointer for targeting - you can get one for under $20 on amazon - hold approximately one foot away from your target - I'll occasionally take readings of all motors after long flights to check for any major temperature deviations - could indicate failing bearings or something binding if temp is high on just one - also listen to your motors and try and determine if any are higher or lower pitched than the others...
Thx sir

glee

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj