Motor Stutter

Reaction score
When I power on the motors of the Phantom 2, one of the four stutters. It spins back and forth in both directions for a few seconds then comes up to speed with the rest of the motors. This happens EVERY time I start it.

I just replaced the motor. Same problem.

Motors are Tiger Anti Gravity model 2214

Do i need to replace the ECS? Could it be something else?

Here is a video i took of it happening

Last edited:
When I power on the motors of the Phantom 2, one of the four stutters. It spins back and forth in both directions for a few seconds then comes up to speed with the rest of the motors. This happens EVERY time I start it.

I just replaced the motor. Same problem.

Motors are Tiger Anti Gravity model 2214

Do i need to replace the ECS? Could it be something else?

Here is a video i took of it happening

Dji used two motors 2212 on the original P2 and 2312 on the P2 v2. Since brushless are made up of magnets, stators and enamel coated copper wire it's highly unlikely the motor was at fault in the first place. That is unless you removed prop guards and used the wrong screws. But the chances are the ESC module is the the real problem.

Of course you haven't mentioned how this all came about as things just do not go wrong all by themselves to make you change a motor..So what's the real reason???

i have same problem i replaced esc as well as motor it still does the same

You may have used the wrong motor. The P2 line used two motors 2212 (old) and 2312 (new) these motors not be mixed. Since these motors are not labeled the only way to tell them apart is the shaft of the CCW motor. The 2312's have an all black shaft while the 2212's have just a black dot on the top of the shaft. The ESC modules for the 2312 motors must be all the same v2.1 ESC. While the 2212 motors the ESC modules can be mixed with v2.0 and v2.0 boards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20