Motor "stutter" step when free-spinning

Reaction score
Just got my V2+ yesterday, noticed when spinning the props on that one of the motors has a very noticeable "stutter" to it that seems to be magnetically induced - the other 3 spin freely (and will continue to spin after flicking them) but this one motor will pretty much immediately stop after it's spun. The stutter appears in 12 evenly spaced steps. The copter also seems to tilt towards that motor when taking off, almost as if it's slightly binding...

Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

That is normal I would be worried about the other 3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

+1
All four motors should "stutter" when manually rotated. Yes it's because of magnets in the motor. If 3 of them spin freely something is not right. Are you sure the props were screwed down all the way when you first noticed this? After the first flight they should automatically tighten and all four should have a "stutter" feel.

Also, all four motors won't stop exactly at the same time but at shutdown they should all stop rather quickly - maybe about 1 second or so?

The other three have a noticeable -slight- stutter to them, but no where as strong as the one oddball does...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic