Motor stops when coming down

Reaction score
It happened to me three times. One time managed to recover, two times with some astronomical chance, it landed on some bush.

I am not totally new to this, flying Electric for 10 years and slope soarers for 20, but I'm starting to think it might not be an advantage but a disadvantage.

I like to go high to take good videos, than at one point I feel that it is time to come lower.
No, I am not pulling the power all the way down, just to the middle. Then maybe my airplane experience kicks in because I would expect immediate response, but sometimes I feel like it is still going up. Because of my glider flying, I tend to think maybe I catched a thermal. As I keep on lowering the throttle, sometimes it wants to fall out of the sky.

Lately, I am flying with carbon props, it is like cutting butter with a razor, now even easier to go high. Also adjusted the gain to 80%

Sometimes, instead of trying to come down in one spot, I push the nose forward, but I can not do that all the time because that would put me above something I don't want to go.

I think the ideal copter should not fall out of the sky, if I lower the throttle too much, it should come straight down but not tumble all over.

Am I the only one to have this problem, am I missing something?

Bruce is right... with 3.12, throttle up/down and positioning should be more stable.

I have the latest update 3.12
Also doing calibration often. Otherwise my copter is very stable, no complaining there.
How about in the software Advanced -> Motor -> Motor Idle Speed ?
I have it in the middle RECOMMENDED
I used to have Cut Off Type at Intelligent, but when I landed to the ground often it tipped over was hard for me to stop the prop, so I switched to Immediately.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20