Motor stopping intermittently

Reaction score
I recently got a Phantom 2, and everything worked fine for the first few flights. Then I just tried it, and on start up one of the props is not spinning properly - it spins for a few seconds, stops, and then starts up again without ever reaching the speed of the other 3 props. What's odd is that if I run it without the props attached, it doesn't happen and the motor appears to run fine, at the same speed as other 3 and without stopping. I've tried swapping the props but it makes no difference.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I could try to resolve the issue?

New or used?

Typically the ESC is the weak point in these propulsiohn systems.
Motors really only wear(out) bearings.

A tip-over/blade stall can damage the ESC.

Has it ever had prop guards mounted?
Fastener mis-match can cause damage to the motor coils but usually results in little to no rotation.

New or used?

Typically the ESC is the weak point in these propulsiohn systems.
Motors really only wear(out) bearings.

A tip-over/blade stall can damage the ESC.

Has it ever had prop guards mounted?
Fastener mis-match can cause damage to the motor coils but usually results in little to no rotation.

New, never had prop guards.

Well to know what the issue is between the motor and/or the ESC you'll need to swap a [known good] motor to the suspected ESC to see if both motors act the same. Then you'll know for sure which one it is.

I would start from basics, check for debris inside the motor, then check for loosen cables, then the swap that N017RW mentions above.

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers