Motor stop working after blade strike.

Reaction score
I updated to the new firmware and since it was raining, i made a dumb decision to start the motors indoors without prop guards. My P3 floated into my trash can then one motor stopped working, however after turning it off then back on luckily it started working again. I took it outside and took it up 3 feet and brought it back down the only thing I noticed was a little floating to one side. My question is was the motor stopping a fail-safe and is it safe to fly again?

Good news! I was able to take her up and fly around with no issues, so I'm assuming the motor stoppage was a fail safe.

I believe the new motors(with the braking) stop when hitting an obstruction. I'm guessing it's like a circuit breaker and takes a minute to reset.

I believe the new motors(with the braking) stop when hitting an obstruction. I'm guessing it's like a circuit breaker and takes a minute to reset.
That must be it, thankfully. I ordered prop guards today lol

When i read the title i thought it was ex user blade strike fault
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Yes, this is in hopes to save the ESCs and motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.