Motor screw stripped, how do I get it out?

Reaction score
So I assume I put too much pressure putting on my detachable prop guards and stripped the hex part of the screw holding it onto the motors. Does anyone have any recommendation on how to remove this motor screw if it has been stripped? I won't be putting the prop guards back on so it's okay if the screw doesn't survive.

I have tried using multiple sizes of torx bit to no success, I have tried super gluing the normal size hex wrench in there, didn't work. I am thinking of either using some small amount of epoxy to bind the normal size hex wrench in there to get it to turn, or maby I will have to buy a Dremel to reshape the screw head.

In any case I don't want to damage the drone.
I have to remove this screw to get at the motor to remove black sand, and I also don't want the motor to be moving and grinding the sand too much.

Thanks for the help

So I assume I put too much pressure putting on my detachable prop guards and stripped the hex part of the screw holding it onto the motors. Does anyone have any recommendation on how to remove this motor screw if it has been stripped? I won't be putting the prop guards back on so it's okay if the screw doesn't survive.

I have tried using multiple sizes of torx bit to no success, I have tried super gluing the normal size hex wrench in there, didn't work. I am thinking of either using some small amount of epoxy to bind the normal size hex wrench in there to get it to turn, or maby I will have to buy a Dremel to reshape the screw head.

In any case I don't want to damage the drone.
I have to remove this screw to get at the motor to remove black sand, and I also don't want the motor to be moving and grinding the sand too much.

Thanks for the help
I stripped a couple on my V+ a while back, and the screws were so cheap I was able to use a flat head screw driver slightly smaller than the circumference of the screw head to create my own flat head groove using a hammer. 1 or 2 good whacks is all it took to make the groove. However, I have not inspected the quality of the P3 screws, so perhaps it has improved and this method won't work.

I'm not sure I would chance hammering the screw on the motor since that would transmit all the force to the motor..

Perhaps a drimmel to make the groove?

Both ideas above are great.....I was thinking if I had this problem and what I have here. I would mix a drop of JB KWIK weld a dip the screwdriver tip in it, set it the screw and let it sit. Once cured try to work it out....might work.

I would try bbfpv's idea first......

Reactions: keith slagle
I used a dremel to carve out a flathead from the hex screw and that worked well. Buying a dremel tool was not the cheap option though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31