Motor screw stripped (help)

Reaction score
This morning, I installed prop guards with the correct screw and the screw that mounts in the motor became stripped. Not sure how this happened, I was barely tightening it and of course it was the last one. Long story short I decided I didn't really need prop guards and took them off, but now I have a motor with only 3 screws. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do. Can you fly with only 3 screws temporarily. I'm currently in Kazakhstan and will be back to the states in 2 weeks so I can't really get any parts here. I've attached pics.
e9e07669e91762045fb495e10b3fd220.jpg
12f4880a228e009049b1d2f4233ac2af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally... my opinion, you should be fine. I'd not fly it forever light that but I'd say several flights you'd be fine. You may want to try to avoid full throttle.

so the threads on the screw are stripped but the threads inside the motor are not stripped right? I wouldn't fly with one screw missing but that is pretty much the same as people who have a cracked shell and still fly.

It's the threads on the motor.

I would go easy on the throttle and just as important would be to turn down the air brake settings. Under Advanced Settings> Sensitivity>Brake, change it to something like 60% to put less stress on the motors and arms when you stop.

Thanks, Sinisalo. Is it fairly easy to replace the motor myself once I get back to the states?

Thanks, Sinisalo. Is it fairly easy to replace the motor myself once I get back to the states?

yeah, they are $18 or so on the DJI website, you could order it now so it will be there waiting for you when you get back. When you solder the wires just make sure you pre-tin the wires and don't use lead free solder as it could crack and cause a mid flight failure.

Thanks a lot, I'll order it right now. I appreciate your help.

And take the God ugly prop guards off... Apart from them being almost useless. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers