Motor replacement

Soldering to that board requires a higher heat than normal iron, and if you have not done this before, you risk damaging the board. The splice has less risk, and a normal iron will do. Practice on some other wire, it's easy once you do it a few times, you'll see. A soldering iron is cheap.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I realize that. the OP needs to step out of that comfort zone to do an effective repair, or let someone else do it. It's easy to get some wire and practice soldering them together before doing the bird.
If soldering is more reliable than thats what I will do. It would also be nice to have a new soldering iron. I appreciate the advice.

Soldering to that board requires a higher heat than normal iron, and if you have not done this before, you risk damaging the board. The splice has less risk, and a normal iron will do. Practice on some other wire, it's easy once you do it a few times, you'll see. A soldering iron is cheap.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think thats probably the best bet.

Did you solder it to the board or splice?
I spliced first, using the twist and solder method. It didn't fix my ESC error, I think cause the connection wasn't strong enough. So I soldered to the main board and the ESC Error went away after installing the new motor and soldering it in. I think the direct board solder was the right way to go for my situation. If you splice first, it gives ya at least a practice run before doing the main board.

Thought I would throw this out there...If you're going to use a crimp connector on small wires, the best that I have used over the years is called a "bean". Just twist your wires together, push them into the large opening and crimp. I usually strip the wires first, but you don't have to. Make sure you get the beans with gel which creates a corrosion barrier on the connection. Also, use a crimping tool that doesn't have teeth as that will cut into the insulation of the bean and cause a short. Amazon is one place to get these: Amazon.com: 100pcs Crimp B Wire Gel Filled Bean Type Connectors: Camera & Photo

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Or wire nuts and secure them in place with a dab of glue or silicone. You could also solder the board, just don't overheat it. there is probably something very delicate on the underside of that board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31