Motor problems

Reaction score
Just tried too fly today with major problems.
For some reason when my drone started up I could here that it
Just didn't sound right, double check propellers were tightened proper all ok....
Then started up again it noticed that it looked like 1 of the motors was going slow.
Then a warning sign appeared on my iPad
( motor obstruction) but there was nothing obstructing it
Tried too take it up 4ft then it just slammed up a wall??
Any idea why this happened, I was on the very edge of a no fly zone surly this was not the reason she never flew
Now took it home tried motors again and the sounds fine, what's going on?????

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Possibly some sort of debris had fallen into the motor and got knocked out when you hit the wall?

If you start on the ground it is possible that debris could get into the motor on start up from all the turbulence of the props. Always good to launch off of a nonmetal type of box or plastic container.

My first P3A had a similar issue right out of the box, the same message appeared on the tablet interface but the motor emitted white smoke. It was extremely hot to the touch so I let it cool down for a while. Started it back up and it appeared OK while idling but after shutting down (absolutely no flights on the unit) the motor was extremely hot. No way it would have been air worthy as the load would have surely burned it out or caused major air frame damage. Luckily the merchant took the unit back (only 3 days old) and RMA'd it for a new one.

On a side note, I purchased a Yuneec Typhoon and part of the unboxing I like to inspect everything closely. Including turning the motors by hand to check for resistance / sticking. To my dismay one of them made a nasty squeaking sound while rotating. Nothing could be seen inside through visual inspection so I took a can of compressed air and sprayed into the housing and and out flew a good size (about twice the size of a BB) of white Styrofoam (the Styrofoam in the packing for this unit is dark grey).

It was a case of some obstruction to the smooth running of one motor.

Please remove props and run the motors and check for any abnormality.

No just tried too start it again and it gone full power on it own and two of the motors have gone hot with current overload warning showing on iPad

Really..do you think that the retailer should give me a straight swop as only had it 28 days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers