Motor pauses/noise... going bad?

I haven't tried w/ the props on yet.. I just did some more tests and found out it's the top left motor. I can definitely see it stop and restart. During the stop/restart, it kinda shook the quad. I guess it's kinda violent when it does this.. Bad bearings or ??? I've only flown it less than 10 times. I wonder what would happen if it was in the air.. probably a nose dive at a steep angle.

folks..do not do this. this is known as running the motors with "no load" and isnt good for the motors. this is why you dont experience the clipping with the props on because they are under load.

thanks tizzl10. now i know! :D but i'm with mori55... i hope i didn't f-it up! that's what I get when I try to do a maintenance to check if the motors are still ok. sigh.

im sure you guys will be fine...just wouldnt recommend running them full power under no load. from what I understand, the esc's detect the motors are at full throttle and the clipping is the esc cutting power to protect itself and the motors.

tizzl10 said:
im sure you guys will be fine...just wouldnt recommend running them full power under no load. from what I understand, the esc's detect the motors are at full throttle and the clipping is the esc cutting power to protect itself and the motors.

Running at idle with no props on is enough to "hear" any major motor issues or differences between them if you are concerned, no need to put any throttle on - just do the csc and have a listen. If in doubt then you can give a little throttle for a short time. Another good early warning sign is to feel the motors as soon as you have landed after a flight. Any that are running hot compared to the rest are suspect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic