Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Motor Not Operating Correctly? How about ESP...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedFishChaser, Sep 12, 2013.

1. RedFishChaser

Due to one stock motor that had its C-clamp come loose causing crash and burn pruning bunch of pine branches, I had upgraded to Tiger Motor Antigravity. I had installed the new motors and still the one motor was not working. There was still energy going to the motor and with a help pushing the propeller, the motor would take several turns and stop. And that nagging sound and sight of the motor trying to turn, but can't! I presumed that I had fried the electronics during the crash and burn from the motor getting jammed with the C-clamp in the magnetic field inside the motor.

Well, not being too knowledgeable about the Phantom I researched through the internet and on this forum about ESC's! Voila, the engine speed controller! Rather than waste my time trying to figure out how to fix it and at a great input from a forum board member, I merely replaced that ESC Red board!

Just received the new ESC Red from California and soldered it in place. Note: I hadn't soldered anything in years and it's some times an art like welding.

All working great!

ESC Red replaced. Used bullet connections for new motors.
    [​IMG]

New hobby to get started with my son! So getting into it I had to purchase a Pellican case. Now for the fun part of removing the foam to custom fit the Phantoms.
    [​IMG]

This hobby is dang expensive. I'm learning about FPV's. Here's my new Lillipot with built in RX. I'm learning the lingo! :lol:[​IMG]

I just need to save up and buy a gimbal and the TX! Next on the purchase list!

2. RedFishChaser

You're a JERK! You've got nothing good to say, STFU!

I wanted to upgrade the motors even with the one motor! Jackass!