Motor Mount Breaks!

Reaction score
On my P3P! One month after warranty, of course. Couldn't have been any luckier, though, it fell off during liftoff lol!! Just tipped over and spun until I CSC'd it. It was an early model with the shell cracking problem. Oh well, I have a backup P3P, and just got my Typhoon H in last week.

Do you have a pic? Glad you have a back up :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have an older generation P3P that probably has the old shell. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Chris

I would still call them and see if you can get a new shell for free :)

Reactions: mikesmiley
I have an older generation P3P that probably has the old shell. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Chris
Yeah, I've heard good reviews of the Strong Arms. I just used zip-ties on all 4 arms towards the ends. Doesn't seem to have worked! :D

Yeah, I'll give them a call tomorrow and check. It's a year-old last month, so I don't expect anything.

60 years of various hard work has its rewards. :cool:

I hear that... Definitely deserve it.

I guess if I didn't have 3 other scratch-built quads I'd probably have a backup too... :)

And since my P2 isn't selling, I guess I now have a P2 backup... Lol... ☺

Reactions: snerd
Here are some pics of the plastic mount cracking off............................

IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG

Last edited:
On my P3P! One month after warranty, of course. Couldn't have been any luckier, though, it fell off during liftoff lol!! Just tipped over and spun until I CSC'd it. It was an early model with the shell cracking problem. Oh well, I have a backup P3P, and just got my Typhoon H in last week.
I would ask for a courtesy repair..afterall this is a known manufacturing defect DJI can say no we wont cover it BUT if they said yeah sure send it in then you know they are a reputable company that truly cares about keeping their customer base...TEST THEM

Reactions: mikesmiley

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic