Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

motor mount breakage - pics attached - how to proceed/ fixable?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Bryce, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Bryce

I hit a tree and thought everything was fine after recalibrating everything. Things were fine for a half hour.... it started to wobble... then crashed from about 5 feet. The motor mount must have been hit pretty good on the tree hit this morning. I got some GREAT shots though so the accident was worth it.

My question is, based on the pics attached.. should I just buy another one, or is this fixable?

Attached Files:

2. RoyVa

You can purchase just the shell and transfer all components. The shell' run around 60-70 dollars on eBay. That's the route I would take. Then she'll be good as new.

3. Woody

I don't know if the P3 replacement shells are available yet but if they are you can transfer everything into a new shell. Should be easier than the other Phantom models because of the P3's "all in one" design.

4. bobmyers

I don't believe I would trust a fix,,, it would be very difficult to get this to hold. It would require removing the motor, gluing the mount back in place and then reinforcing it on the outside with a fiber glass or carbon fiber cloth to give it enough strength so the break did not reoccur on the same fractures. Then consideration has to be give to motor alignment -- that is the critical part.
    Don't believe it is worth the risk. There will be used shells popping up soon--or keep as parts and order another. One fella was trying to sell his to day on this forum. for 900 bucks with the battery and a couple of other items.

Jbundy63 likes this.
  5. Jbundy63

I agree!

6. SteveMann

Time for a new shell.

7. Bryce

I ordered a new one... but the only one I could find that was in stock was the professional. Mine was an advanced. Can I use all the parts from the advance on the pro? Even the gimbal and lesser camera if it ever got screwed up?

8. Altanore

Only thing different with the pro is the gold stickers, 4K camera and that it comes with a 100 Watt charger otherwise the two are completely identical, including the shell.

9. danjordrone

Second mofor mount i seen thats broke exactly the same place.Not much strength at that point at all
    Do hope you get it sorted soon

10. Bryce

1. So if I break the camera on the new pro one... could I put the old 'advanced' camera on the new one without any software issues? just plug and play?
    2. Also, should I continue using the old charger to charge the batteries? I heard somewhere that charging them faster makes them not last as long.