Motor making weird noise

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this hobby so please bare with me.

I just noticed that if I spin the motor manually there is one that makes kind of a weird noise compared to the other 3.

I am right now uploading the video to youtube so you guys can see it.

Did you install prop guards ? It seems that provided screws are actually too long for p3.

Here are the videos, is kind of difficult to hear the noise in the video. Basically it sounds like if the bearing ( if it has one ) is kind of loose or something. The other 3 motors sound strong but that 4th one sounds weak like something is loose. Please sorry for my english! is my second language and I am doing my best here to explain the noise jejeje.

BTW the noise is coming from the left motor.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, while flying it makes a whistle sounds compared to the one on this video
Thats not my P3, thats someone else that is also having that whistle sound.

Please guys let me know what you all think, I am scare now of flying my P3 :'(

So you did use prop guards? Did you screw in the long screws that were with the prop guards when taking them off?

That whistle noise is kind of weird. When did it start? Right out of the box?

So you did use prop guards? Did you screw in the long screws that were with the prop guards when taking them off?

Guys, I have no idea what prop guards are you talking about lol, I just got this drone a few weeks ago and is completely stock I have added nor modified anything on it. Check the above videos :)

Sounds like a dry bearing or tight clearance and my guess is that is what the whistle is.

Hi guys,

I am new to this hobby so please bare with me.

I just noticed that if I spin the motor manually there is one that makes kind of a weird noise compared to the other 3.

I am right now uploading the video to youtube so you guys can see it.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I haven't checked the noise made when spinning the props by hand like the videos you posted, but I think I can hear the same sort of whistle / ringing sound from my new P3P that you can hear in the flight video you posted.

Am I the only one who doesn't hear a difference? I notice you're spinning the left motor "backwards" but that's probably not a thing lol

Edit : just watched the 2nd video with the props installed and I hear a difference now.

Thats a pretty normal sound from what I can hear in the video... Tho if one is sounding much different then the others check to make sure its got clearance all the way around and is not rubbing on the plastic of the shell. On the p3 it shouldn't be rubbing being they have a lot more clearance then on other models. Even some thing as simple as one of the eclips on the bottom being a tighter fit on one can make them sound difrent as motor spins.

But what ever it is also try running it. and flying it. If it flys ok and not making any strange noise. or if you run them for a bit if the one motor dont seem to be getting hotter then the others. Nothing is wrong dont worry about it and just fly it and have fun..
One thing its not is a wore out bearing this soon in the game.. also even 4 perfect bearings not every one is gong to be exactly the same and one might have a tiny bit more friction in it then another. But with in reason..... and them bearings which are WAY better then the ones they used in all the other models is going to last even longer then the older ones and even they last and last and last and not to likely to wear out under a few 100 hours of use. Even if flying in dirty conditions being they use a shielded bearings and dirt cant get in side.. oil don't even get past the shields to easy. which is why even putting bearing oil on them don't really do any thing but make some one think they are taking care of there bearings while actually just giving dirt some thing to stick to.

Reactions: AndyS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic