Motor maintenance?

D

DrewFlies

How often do you guys oil up your motors and is there any videos or steps on how to do so properly?

The craft will be out of service before you'll need to oil the bearings. Crashed or obsolete... Just keep them clean from dirt/dust (compressed air) and go fly.

Reactions: N017RW
The craft will be out of service before you'll need to oil the bearings. Crashed or obsolete... Just keep them clean from dirt/dust (compressed air) and go fly.

+1

No mention in the 'manual' regarding this either.

I used to work in a place that made miniature bearings and even worked in the quality control dept for a while to.

No only would oil attract dirt they are sealed bearings anyway and not much of a way for oil to get inside with out taking out one of the bearing shields and clips. Which would not be to easy on bearings that small.

I even tried sewing machine oil to see if I could get it inside a bearing on a shot motor from a p2 and even as thin of an oil as that is. It still did not penetrate past the shield.

So I'm going to conclude that oiling not only is not really necessary its also not going to do much good on sealed bearings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj